Construction Site Project Manager
LPL has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Site Project Manager
to join our team on a full-time basis. Travel to sites within AB, SK & MB is required.
We are a privately owned construction company founded in 2000 by Jason Lake. With a current staff of 30+, the company has successfully completed a wide array of construction projects in the Agricultural sectors across Western Canada.
LPL specializes in design and construction of grain handling and further processing facilities. We have a diverse project portfolio including fully automated protein fractionation, oil press, flaking, milling, and packaging facilities, and have been providing our services to clients for over 20 years.
As a company, our Core Values are important to us. We are driven by an exceptional team who exemplifies our core values, we cultivate relationships with clients who share our values, and we pursue projects that reflect our fundamental principles. At LPL, we value our people, our community and strive to give back wherever possible. Our people are what makes us great, and if this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, read further!
- Work closely with the design-build team from project conception to completion and communicate closely with planning departments and permit authorities.
- Coordinate and schedule design and construction.
- Report regularly on Job Cost – monitoring costs and budget to maintain or exceed the estimated margin.
- Issue subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and detail scope assessments to ensure inclusiveness.
- Conduct detailed shop drawing reviews and coordination.
- Conducting project site meetings and distributing minutes promptly.
- Working closely with Accounts Payable/Receivable personnel to ensure accurate and timely invoicing, payables, and change orders.
- Work closely with the team to establish budget controls.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance during the construction duration.
- Ensure work progresses in accordance with company safety program and OHS regulations.
- Communicate with the client on all aspects of the project relating to schedule, work coordination, progress billing, and changes.
- You have 10 years of experience in the construction industry, with 7 years of project management experience.
- You have a diploma or degree in Construction Engineering or equivalent education/experience.
- You have a clear understanding of the building codes for the medium industrial construction industry.
- You have the ability to coordinate and oversee projects in the $500,000 to $30 million range.
- You have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and a clean abstract.
- You have a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to learn.
- You are a motivated self-starter with high attention to detail and accuracy, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have advanced verbal and written communication skills, and effective organizational and time management expertise.
- You have computer skills, including the ability to competently operate computerized job-costing, Office 365 .
- Knowledge or skill in CAD would be an asset.
- You have demonstrated ability to manage complex negotiations.
- You strive to provide unparalleled service to clients. As such, you are a resourceful and confident problem-solver who can make assertive big-picture decisions for the benefit of the project and our clients.
In exchange for all your hard work and determination, you will receive a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience and qualifications, along with a wide host of benefits including:
- Year-end performance bonuses
- Competitive and flexible vacation schedule
- Opportunities to attend/participate in conferences and seminars, and support in training and career development plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription benefits and other insurance coverage
- Company vehicle
- Employee appreciation and bonding events
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please forward your resume with references and abstract to: