- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layouts plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment pitot to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Engage in the initial installation of the industrial plant machinery and equipment.
•Knowing and understanding the requirements of OH&S
•Knowing, understanding, communicating and ensuring compliance with the OH&S, and company safety policies and procedures
•Attend mandatory safety tailgate meetings
•Ensuring completion of initial safety and hazard assessments
•Participating in safety/incident investigations
•Ensuring that vehicle and equipment checks are carried out
- Completion of secondary school and training courses or a vocational program is required
- Red Seal Journeyman Certification
- Clean Drivers abstract is required.
- Safety tickets
MILLWRIGHT JOB DESCRIPTION