- Read and interpret blueprint or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW) flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW). Oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame- cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operating metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt and seam resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts.
- Operate previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal articles with solder.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment.
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
- Reinforcing – fabricates on- site and installs reinforcing material.
- Erection, Assembly and Installation – installs primary and secondary structural members, installs components and systems and installs conveyors, machinery and equipment.
- Maintenance and Upgrading – repairs components and dismantles and removes structural, mechanical and miscellaneous components.
- Rigging and Hosting – selects rigging equipment and uses hoisting and lifting equipment.
•Knowing and understanding the requirements of OH&S
•Knowing, understanding, communicating and ensuring compliance with the OH&S, and company safety policies and procedures
•Attend mandatory safety tailgate meetings
•Ensuring completion of initial safety and hazard assessments
•Participating in safety/incident investigations
•Ensuring that vehicle and equipment checks are carried out
Completion of secondary school
Red Seal Certification
Clean Drivers abstract is required
WELDER JOB DESCRIPTION