Construction Site Foreperson
LPL has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Foreperson
to join our team on a full-time basis. Travel to sites within AB, SK & MB is required.
The primary function of the Construction Foreperson is to provide site level “hands on” technical expertise during the construction project. In this role, you will provide leadership and scheduling, and coordinate, supervise and ensure the safety and productivity of a larger crew.
We are a privately owned construction company founded in 2000 by Jason Lake. With a current staff of 30+, the company has successfully completed a wide array of construction projects in the Agricultural sectors across Western Canada.
LPL specializes in design and construction of grain handling and further processing facilities. We have a diverse project portfolio including fully automated protein fractionation, oil press, flaking, milling, and packaging facilities, and have been providing our services to clients for over 20 years.
As a company, our Core Values are important to us. We are driven by an exceptional team who exemplifies our core values, we cultivate relationships with clients who share our values, and we pursue projects that reflect our fundamental principles. At LPL, we value our people, our community and strive to give back wherever possible. Our people are what makes us great, and if this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, read further!
- Participate in scheduling and workplace planning.
- Manage and maintain client relationships.
- Participate in safety/incident investigations and reviews.
- Identify needs and deficiencies in the plan/schedule and communicate this to the appropriate people.
- Ensure quality and inspection of installation.
- Apply project procedures, work site policies and collective agreement requirements.
- Complete quality reports and required statistics.
- Inform the Project Manager of any out-of-scope work.
- Provide crews with adequate supervision to accomplish tasks in a safe effective manner.
- Coordinate manpower movement within their area
- Ensure all workers receive the proper training.
- You have 7 years of experience in the construction industry, with 5 years of leadership experience.
- You have a Journeyperson trade certification in a relevant trade. Welder or Millwright.
- You have a clear understanding of the building codes for the medium industrial construction industry.
- You have a demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities to meet all deadlines.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience with the MS Office Suite and are competent with technology.
- You have a valid Class 5 driver’s license and a clean abstract.
In exchange for all your hard work and determination, you will receive a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience and qualifications, along with a wide host of benefits including:
- Year-end performance bonuses
- Competitive and flexible vacation schedule
- Opportunities to attend/participate in conferences and seminars, and support in training and career development plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription benefits and other insurance coverage
- Company vehicle
- Employee appreciation and bonding events
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please forward your resume with references and abstract to: