The focus of this position is to assist with the growth/expansion of LPL’s Management Ltd.’s operations. The successful candidate will possess several years of sales/business development experience with a strong knowledge base of Agribusiness in the western Canadian construction market. The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to meet sales targets and have a proven ability to work alongside the estimating department and support staff.
- Approximately 10% overnight travel
Salary & Benefits
Your salary will be competitive with the current market & respectful of your experience.
LPL also offers a comprehensive benefit package, company vehicle, cell phone and computer, etc.
- Initiate new client contacts and develop and maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the management team.
- Maintain communication with client contacts, current targeted project status, and known future bidding opportunities. Deliver exceptional presentations and proposals to clients to win business.
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities.
- Attend industry events (virtual and in person), trade shows and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Develop strategies to optimize project opportunities and meet market business development goals.
- Collaborate with multiple teams including senior leadership and all internal departments such as estimating, operations, safety, and IT to assist the business development effort.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of business development experience with a general contractor in the construction industry.
- Experience working for an engineering firm or developer is an asset.
- Must have a good understanding of construction, including a field perspective and/or work in a preconstruction capacity.
- Outstanding presentation and relationship building skills.
- Demonstration of a consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex negotiations.
- Must display initiative, leadership, and independent thinking in a team environment.
- Strong ability to solve problems.
- Proven interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please forward your resume with references and abstract to: